One of WACP’s most important contributions to the community of Winston is the management of the Winston Teen Center. The Teen Center serves as a hub for after-school and summer programs for community youth. It provides a safe and nurturing space to spend time post-school as well as offering a variety of engaging youth programs. The center also serves a daily free nutritious meal, in partnership with the USDA.
The Teen Center works hard to provide the tools needed to expand the hearts and minds of the under-served young people of Winston.
Programs sponsored by the Winston Teen Center include:
- Teens Can Act (T.C.A.) Theater Club
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Activities and Projects
- Art Zone Creative Arts Program
- Teen Cuisine Cooking Skills Program
- Youth Entrepreneur Success (Y.E.S.) Financial Literacy Program
- Learning Garden
- Special holiday events
Structured programs are not the only fun things going on at the Winston Teen Center! Teens are free to drop in to hang out with their friends, do homework, or enjoy a variety of activities such as:
- Enjoying our huge variety of board and card games
- Play a game of pool
- Help care for our center Critters
- Play a video game on one of our consoles
- Work on an independent craft project with our many supplies
To support our community youth programs with a donation, please click the PayPal button! Donations of any size are very appreciated!